Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Huge (unexpected) News

I have kept this under my hat for the past two weeks because I didn't want to be influenced by anyone's input on the matter. But it is official... so I decided this was the best place to let the cat out of the bag.

I have just accepted a full time position here in Calgary - effective July 1. The position comes with a handsome raise, so I felt like it was too good to pass up. I will be taking on more of a supervisor role, so it is also a great career move.

I will be back in Houston May 16 through June to get things sorted out. It may seem like a fast decision, but it is something I have been praying about for the past month, and actively considering for the past two weeks (since the offer was made to me).

When I moved up here in October, I had no intentions of moving here permanently. God really has a sense of humor sometimes.

Cheers, eh?

13 comments:

Sarah said...

If we still lived in H-town, I would be really sad, but seeing as we only see you about once a year, it's just as easy for me to read your blog when you post in Canada as it was when you posted in Houston.

Congratulations, my friend; it really is crazy what plans God makes when we are least expecting them!

The Traveler said...

Oh and by the way, we are coming to visit. I know that is a friggin' shameless plug, but let's face it. I have NO shame!

Seriously though, Congrats man! I know it will be amazing.

And just let us know when we can come... ;) (J/K, but not really,ok maybe.)

Teresa said...

April Fools, right?

Shanna said...

WTF

Jen said...

Why post this on April Fools? It gives me hope that it's just a joke... If not, then I'm sad but really happy for you and proud of you for following the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm not bummed. I'll miss you, buddy. But congrats on how far you've come--to the point that you are definitely the go-to-guy.

... or is this an April Fools joke?

Sarah said...

Wait a tic ... it IS April 1st, and since I've been working in the Pit of Despair (aka the NICU) where jokes aren't allowed, I forgot it's April Fools Day. Is this just one huge joke?

Steven and Amanda said...

Is this an April Fool's Day joke? Please?

Todd Richards said...

Well done Teresa... you were the first to realize it was not for real.

Trust me, I would never make such a decision without consulting with someone. I mean I get advice on what to order for dinner...

I do feel a bit bad for playing the "God" card. Just for that, He may call me to move to Botswana or something.

Happy April Fools Day!

The Traveler said...

A tip of the hat to you good sir! Well done my friend... Well done... and by the way don't step on that burning bag that ends up on your front porch (I will make a special trip).

Laurie said...

You are evil.

Me said...

I didn't read your post 'till April 2, so I was out of April Fool's mode completely, but before I read that it was a joke, I was going to say, "Houston will be a little less hot without Hot Toddy here!"

Nicole Starch said...

I'm not speaking to you until further notice. Any news you'd like to receive from me will be available on my blog. I'm thinking really evil thoughts right now, so I'll just sign off.