Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April Fool Feedback

In addition to the comments noted on the actual entry... here are some responses I received when I came clean about the "non job" in Calgary (some are a bit vulgar):

"Dick! Hahaha, that was a good one."

"Bastard!"

"I even cried."

"[I'm surprised] that someone I thought I knew is actually missing a heart."

"That's genius."

So all in all, it was a good time for me... but some people didn't enjoy it so much. I feel bad for making the one person cry... and an apology has been given.

If I ever doubt that I am missed by my Houston peeps - I just have to look back on this one blog entry for a reminder. That, of course, was not my goal... but it was a nice surprise. I can't wait to be back for good... and that is no joke.

(yes, I do realize how cheesy that last line is... but I couldn't resist)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I was truly convinced. And truly sad. But when I realized the joke, I was truly amused. It was truly brilliant. Truly.

Anonymous said...

Julie just said, "Praise the Lord! Tell him I hate him. I was worried; I was SO worried!"

Good one, bro. I was pretty sure it had to be, but it was a good one, nonetheless. :) Glad you'll be coming back home soon.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love OpenID... except that you always have to approve my posts. :)

Nicole Starch said...

I'm still pretty mad - I'll get over it, but really, I got had twice in one day, and I don't ever get had. I'm always the prankster! But I'll forgive you by the time you come home in two and a half weeks. . . maybe.

Unknown said...

Man, you had me convinced. We could hang when I go home to MT (IIRC, it's only a 6 hour drive). The only part I had a hard time believing was that would have had to he a huge raise to cover both the US and CAN taxes.

BTW, I think your (our) calling is in Zimbabwe.
BrianP
PS. I accidentally bought a car two weeks ago. Todd, see our blog to find out what. Does anyone in Htown need a very reliable 2000 Civic?

Mandy said...

If I hadn't read Shandra's blog first, I would have probably been fooled. But since I figured out hers was a joke, then April Fools was fresh on my mind. Does your mom read your blog? You would have had to prepare her ahead of time that you were joking. :)

Todd Richards said...

My mom doesn't read it very often. I think she would have known it was a joke since there is no way in the world that I would ever make such a decision without mentioning it to her and my dad. But she may have believed it for a brief moment... but she would have called me right away. Regardless, she was totally in the dark.