Friday, April 04, 2008

In the vernacular...

Question:
Which of the following sentences rolls off the tongue easier?

"We will use y'alls numbers in our calculation."

"We will use your guys's numbers in our calculation."

Answer:

It depends on the address of the house you grew up in, I guess.


As you can imagine, this southern boy get no small amount of flack for my constant use of the work y'all. But I have noticed that the Canucks sound just as strange to me when they say "your guys's." So in the end, I guess we're even.


[But be honest... "y'all" just works better]

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

"Y'all" DEFINITELY sounds better!

"Your guys's"? Come On!

Laurie said...

I have no idea what a 'tounge' is but if y'all have one, I want one too. ;)

My apologies for pointing out your mistakes. But at least I let the two spelling errors in the last paragraph slide.

Oops.
Love ya, Toddy!
p.s. You don't have to publish this comment...

Todd Richards said...

I actually didn't even read Laurie's last part about me not having to publish her comment...

thePiks said...

>Canucks sound just as strange to me when they say "your guys's."

I think it is actually spelled guys' . I still say that most of the time. Montana is great.

Brian