Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... or make it stop.

It is snowing like crazy this morning...

My first thought when I walked out of my bedroom into the living room was, "you've got to be kidding me." I was totally not expecting it because I barely needed a jacket last night when I walked home.

My next thought was how pretty the snow is. I have said it before, but it is still true... snow is just a cool thing. I thought I was over it, but really I am not. I did, however, quickly make the decision to walk to work in the +15 - not because of the temperature... but simply because I didn't want to be covered in snow. Even in the two blocks from my apartment to the closest +15 entrance, I had more snow on me than I wanted.

A woman I work with lives about 45 minutes away from the office… it took her 2.5 hours to get to work. Wow! And keep in mind, it is April 10th.

I thought the snow was done, but clearly my Texas thinking was flawed on that matter.

2 comments:

Nicole Starch said...

Even in Colorado, we got snow all the way into May. In fact, the slopes often don't close until April. Fun fact: the last open weekend in Crested Butte is "Naked Skiing." You have to wear covering on the lift, but it's birthday suits on the way down.

P.S. I decided to speak to you again after that horrible prank you pulled. What can I say, you exude "Forgive me."

B-HO said...

Hey T-Rich--I just found your blog and am enjoying your thoughts on life (I always have). Hope you are doing well!