Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Let Cuba be glad... at least in part

Last year, I posted an entry similar to this one before my trip to Guatemala. Well, this year (Saturday to be exact) the Lord has me headed off to Cuba.... that's right, the Communist country 90 miles off the coast of Florida.

As we talked through some of the logistics for our trip last night, an excitement about the trip hit me. I have been excited in the theoretical sense since (it just hit me that I used two homonyms right after each other) I first decided to go. But my excitement has been pretty low level until last night. I guess it is largely because the trip is right around the corner... but in any event, I am pumped about going.

The details of what we will be doing are fuzzy... there are some specifics we know, but there is a lot of room for flexibility. So if the Lord prompts you to do so... please pray for guidance. We all want to be used while we are there, so please pray that God opens doors for us to be busy about His work for the entire week. As I prayed with my prayer partner last night, I was reminded of the freedom we have in America... and how our freedom in Christ is so much more than our American freedom. It is my hope and prayer that we will be able to communicate our freedom in Christ without it being tainted or confused with our cultural freedom.


There will be more to share after the trip (obviously), but for now... this will have to do. Pray for us and for the people we will be spending time with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting journey. You'll probably get to see parts of Cuba that Fidel doesn't let most European touristas see.

Prayers going up as I type....


Oh, btw, "sense" and "since" are homophones. "Mean (adj.)" and "mean (n.)" are homonymns.

Todd Richards said...

I hate being wrong... and I considered checking that out before posting it. Doh!!!

Thanks for the correction, man...

knelson said...

Consider me one of your prayer partners! I look forward to hearing how God used your group in Cuba! Come visit Ruston, too! kathy n.

Shanna said...

Cuba will change you. I pray that for you.

Chris said...

Todd,
know that you and the team are covered in prayer by the rest of us stateside.

Vaya con Dios!!!