Thursday, August 28, 2008

Precious New Life

I can't imagine what it feels like to have a child of my own. I mean I am so proud of and in love with my nephew and niece... I can't imagine those emotions being stronger. But I know they are, and I long for a day when I may experience them. Of course, that desire (along with all other desires) must be surrendered to the Lord. Along those lines, I was speaking with a friend last night about one of her life's desires that was recently fulfilled. She said it was surreal to look at the situation and see that God had graciously answered her prayer. She went on to say that He didn't owe her anything, but gave the gift nonetheless. I feel that way about being a father - if He grants it one day, great. But He is certainly not obligated to me in any way. But that is really another post for another day...

In any event, this is my niece Avery. She was born last week...


I know I am biased, but I honestly don't think newborn babies are ever this cute. Her brother was in the same category. In fact, to see the two side by side is almost like they are twins separated by 3.5 years.

I can't wait to watch her grow. Life is so precious, isn't it? And to see it in such a fragile state as a newborn reminds me of how great God is to create us, love us, and grow us into His image.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I agree...she is a beautiful newborn! Congrats, Uncle Todd.