Thursday, March 06, 2008

A New Snack

In my efforts to eat healthier (and in smaller portions throughout the day), I bought some apple sauce. Generally speaking, I do not like apple sauce. The flavor is just not good enough to overcome the strange texture. But they are making huge strides in the world of apple sauce. You can get it with strawberries, kiwi, and my current favorite - peach/mango. Of course, I feel like I am about 1 year old eating it... and the fact that the spoon is extra small is not helping.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd, thanks for the note! We'll be up your way in a couple weeks at Lake Louise and Banff. Hope you've been enjoying Calgary!

Troy said...

Forgive the question, but what is the point of apple sauce if it tastes like strawberry?

Todd Richards said...

Troy... you make a valid point. However, it is like any other hybrid flavored item. Tropicana Twisters... any of the Cranberry drinks... it is all about mixing flavors. Come on, man... live a little, eh?

Troy said...

I suppose. You have to be careful about mixing flavors and textures, though. Have you had a graple? It is a truly disturbing blend of flavor and texture, a perversion of God's good creation.

Unknown said...

Todd! You are in Calgary!!! That makes me happy for you and sad for me. I miss it. Could you go visit some places for me? The seminary in Cochrane and give Dr. Peacock a big hug from me, and there is a certain dog park that I would love to know that a friend is walking around and smiling just for me. Where in Calgary do you live? We lived in the Bowness area for a while (right across from the olympic park) and we lived in Beddington for a while. Email me sometime, I'd love to know how you're liking it! amyschaffner@charter.net

Alyssa said...

You know you can use a regularly sized spoon, don't you?

Todd Richards said...

Yeah... there just weren't any other spoons in the drawer.

Megan said...

this post makes me laugh because jolie is a huge fan of strawberry applesauce. so now you can feel 3.