Wednesday, August 08, 2007

OPP - I Finally Know What It Means...

OK... I always knew what it meant in the song, but this is not that kinda of blog.

My company uses OPP as an acronym for something related to overseas travel. I have asked and asked what it means, but no one could ever tell me. The people I asked who are around my age would always snicker and reply saying they didn't know (and we would trade that knowing glance that says "we can't make a joke about that because we have to be professional"). The older folks would just flat out say they didn't know - but I would secretly laugh.

Well, when I was in Cuba a couple years ago, one person suggested "Other People's Per Diem" as a possible meaning. Ever since, that is what I have thought it to be (even though I knew it really wasn't).

Today, the mystery was solved. I now know what it officially stands for... but I think I will keep it to myself and continue to let Other People's Per Diem linger in the minds of those who care...

4 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

What!!?? Come on! You can't do that!

I have never once thought a/b what OPP would mean in reference to your business, but now that you've put it out there, I have to know. It'll drive me crazy if you don't spill the beans.

leslie said...

yeah, seriously, not cool!

Unknown said...

when we go to lunch at on the border someone inevitably sends an email that simply asks "you down with otb?" then someone always sends back "yeah you know me"... and somehow it's funny every time. :)

Dustin said...

Todd = tease