Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dinner Bill Shortfall...

We have all experienced it at one time or another. You are out to dinner with friends... the bill gets passed around... money is collected... and you are just short of a reasonable tip for the server.

Well, as I have grown older, I have noticed that this happens less frequently than it did when I was in college or just out of college. But this past Monday night, it happened. We were only a few dollars short, but it was still short. I had not ordered much, and I was sure I had put in well over my alloted amount... so I just let others make up the difference (because I KNEW it couldn't be me).

For whatever reason, I woke up this morning to the realization that I had ordered a beverage on Monday night that I had completely forgotten about when the bill came around. I rarely order anything but water, so I never have to consider that extra amount. But this particular time, I had ordered a beer. So it was long gone and had been replaced by water by the end of the meal.

So this is my public apology for those who covered me on Monday night. You know who you are... and I am pretty sure you all read this.

Nobody likes "that guy" who doesn't carry his dinner bill weight...

3 comments:

knelson said...

Hey Todd - Just stopping by to say hi! I loved the elevator smile report. I can still remember when SEVERAL girls were "smiling" at you!

Laurie said...

Mrs. Kathy,
Don't let Todd fool you...he STILL has several girls smiling at him. :}

Anonymous said...

I love that last post man. Just saw picture of you on stan's website, looking good man. You too Laurie. Everyone's looking all good down there.