Tuesday, August 02, 2005

And God Created Them... Male and Female He Created Them

Last night, I went to see Jack Johnson in concert (and yes, some of the songs did sound different from the others). Anyway, I had been drinking a lot of water throughout the day, and it was time to let nature take take its course... so I mosey over to the restroom.

(Now, if you have ever been in the Verizon Wireless Theater, this may make sense... otherwise, it will not make sense at all.)

I saw the Men's Room sign, and an opening to the bathroom. So I walked right on in. As I walked in, I did notice that certain fixtures that are typical in a Men's Restroom were not in view. I thought this odd... but decided not to question it. I entered a stall and went about my business.

The next thing I notice is a high-pitched voice... a group of them, actually. They were entering the very bathroom I was in. I thought to myself, "they must be drunk." Well... turns out, they were not drunk (and neither was I, for the record).

The young ladies began to laugh at the situation as I asked them (from inside the stall - with the door opened) "Am in the women's bathroom?" The affirmed my suspicion... and I laughed at the whole deal. They told me to at least shut the door if I was going to use the girl's bathroom. I walked out and apologized to one of the girls - who simply could not believe what had just happened.

Later, I thought about how great a story it would be if I had asked her for her number... and we actually dated. But alas... I was not drunk, so this did not happen.

Oh... and to fill you all in, the Men's Room sign was directly over the entrance to the Women's Room... but the actual Men's Room was around the corner. The Women's Room sign was there as well... but it was lower and not as well lit. Throughout the night, others almost made my same mistake.

7 comments:

Joel said...

Hilarious. But Todd, I guess the real question is have YOU ever been to Verizon Wireless Theater (before last night)? Because, if you have, you'll have to come up with a better excuse. ;)

Todd Richards said...

Well Joel... I have been there before last night. But I didn't go to this particular bathroom... I know, weak excuse. But the signs were confusing...

Laurie said...

Perhaps the single most creative way to get a date that I have ever heard.

palomita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
palomita said...

Todd...not that you need help, but the next time (b/c let's face it, a similar situation could happen again), I recommend "So, since we've already shared a bathroom, why don't we share dinner?" You'd at least get points for making light of a awkward situation. :)

Todd Richards said...

Dovie... I will definitely use that. Now the trick will be to not let myself manipulate the situation in order to make such a think happen.. :-)

Alyssa said...

I've heard Todd tell this story in person (with a lot more details, I might add!) and must admit I turned a nice rosy shade. I still can't enter a women's restroom without laughing to myself!