Friday, January 05, 2007

Blast from the past...

This morning, I pulled out an old Nickel & Dime CD (or rather, I scrolled down to it on my iPod) and played "Ultimate Man." I remember this song being very meaningful to me back in my college days... and it was just as impactful today - probably because I had just read the third chapter of Hosea.

In any event, here are the lyrics (simple and concise):

You are the One who has healed me
You are the One who has saved me
You are the One who forgives me
You are the Maker of mercy

You are the Ultimate Man
You are the One with no sin
My hands are dirty, Lord, my tongue is dry
The way I'm living makes me wonder why
You love me still
Ultimate Man

5 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Wow! That is a blast from the past.

Sarah said...

You want to feel old? I discovered Nickle & Dime when I was in high school and they used to play at Metro. (Yes, I was one of the dumb high school kids who used to sneak in the back ... at least I was going to a church-related activity!) I'm feeling inspired by this post; I may just have to dig out "8 Through 9" now!

Anonymous said...

So I'm a day late and a dollar short...welcome to my world...but about the video blog--I have visions of "Arise My Love" in my head now! That video was GREAT! Only my old roomie could provide such awesome entertainment! Love her!

Mandy said...

It's nice to know you do, Carrie. :) Todd, if I give you some sticks, will you do the Arise song for us? I wonder who has a copy of that video.

Anonymous said...

Jon Shirley's latest album is good stuff. Have you heard it Todd?